- Echoes from the past so beguiling and bewitching
- So it was and shall be !!!
- Slovenia my home ~ Slovenija moja domovina
- "This I say to you"
- "Though I live a thousand years
- I shall never forget my heritage
- So precious and so very rare
- Zivé naj vsi naródi,
ki hrepené docakat' dan,
da, koder sonce hodi,
prepir iz svéta bo pregnan;
prost bo vsak,
ne vrag, le sosed bo mejak!
- God's blessing on all nations,
Who long and work for that bright day,
When o'er earth's habitation
No war, no strife shall hold its sway;
Who long to see
That all man free
No more shall foes, but neighbours be.
- The above is Slovenia
- with various scenery
- Are there elsewhere mountains like ours,
hills and lakes, to divert the eye and heart,
is there anywhere so much natural and disparate beauty
on such a small piece of land as this Slovene land.
Is there anywhere else in the world such generousity
of nature to be seen as in Slovenia my homeland
- oh friend of mine
across the sea lies my homeland
memories like waves over the sea glide
then,in all its splendor I see
the mountains, lakes, the waterfalls
my eyes glimpsing a glorious sight
I feel the fresh breezes
as I travel across golden fields
now travelling upon well known paths
to the home where my cradle used to be
- oh home of mine I have travelled far
to see you once again but you,
you remain silent, you know me not
yet, yet, I can't forget
once you were my home
the trees softly whisper
harken now, hear what I have to say
your home shall always remain your home
in your dreams in the land so far away
wistfully I softly whispered
goodbye my home goodbye
-=|=- ©1997 Ven -=|=-
All Rights Reserved"
- Webmistress & Design SCM
- "Please do not take these graphics
- they were designed for this site"